Wednesday, March 30, 2011

---> PASTA

Broadcast period: 2010-Jan-04 to 2010-Mar-09

Pasta is a wonderful drama that TO ME deserves a 4.98 out of 5 rating. The .02 minus was to indulge my craving to see the “what might have been”. Just 2 scenes would have made it perfect and a quick flash on screen would have done it for me … would have satisfied me… one, I would have wanted to see Team La Sfera’s victorious win AND two, I would have wanted the “what and how” the future was/is like between our leads. BUT, lemme stress, they are just my unfulfilled imaginings and Pasta is already wonderful AS IT IS. That’s it, Period!


Period? A short and sweet review? From me??? Wishful thinking my friends..haha… oh come on, i promise this one will not be "too long". promise. at least let me tell you why I LOVE this drama INSPITE OF and DESPITE its obvious weakness in the eyes of SOME viewers. I have read other reviews of this drama lately and not all of them are glowing, but so what, that’s their opinion and THIS ONE IS MINE.


While revisiting this drama again this week, its charisma has and have consistently entertained me. A feat not easy to do as far as I AM concerned. Some dramas you enjoy watching only on your initial viewing, while others grow in you. There are also those that loose their charm after awhile that will get you thinking and asking yourself, “what happened, I use to like watching this over and over again???”. In Pasta’s case I liked it on my initial viewing and I continue to TREMENDOUSLY enjoy revisiting the scenes each time I re-watch it. Time and again, it reminds me why I love it in the first place. im amused and bemused each time I would hear the overly loud voice of the jerk ...i mean the head chef saying “do it again!” and the maknae chef’s “yes chef”, “thank you chef”, cant get enough of it …nom, nom, nom :)

Too many favorite lines and scenes that im afraid to write them all would strain your eyes too much. HONEST! Ok let me put it this way, almost every important scene here is A GEM. Don’t get me wrong, not every scene is explosively beautiful to watch and hear, BUT those that are not, are like a breather in preparation for something special. I like everything about this drama …simple story, production style and texture, script(superb dialogues), pacing, and most of all, excellent acting from all quarters.

From the “plain Jane” lead girl Gong Hyo Jin as Seo Yoo Kyung, to the eardrum beating voice of the Head Chef Lee Sun Gyun as Choi Hyun Wook, to the other head chef Lee Ha Nui as Oh Sae Young, to the very loyal but low key La Sfera owner and president Alex as Kim San, everybody is just awesome in their roles.

...I specially like the lead girl’s dad and his scenes with our Head Chef, witty, funny and swak, as in! the kitchen “cooking” scenes including the squabbles between the “Italian” chefs and the “Korean” chefs are real and captivates my attention.

...finally, the “what I did for love” drama of the leads, not melodrama but the choice they both made for love is …weee:) I love all that. ultimately, it’s a joy to watch the “love team” in this drama. There’s nothing at all typical in this 2 as far as kdrama is concerned. who would have thought that those 2 would have that elusive "chemistry"


What else can I say about this drama? …There’s NOTHING that I didn’t like about it, LOVE IT ALL, LOVE THEM ALL …nuff said.

see, did'nt i say that it will not be too long ((*.~))